SOCIALIZATION AND BIAS
Help us continue the conversation as we examine socialization, bias, and internalized racial opression and superiority. We’ll work to develop an understanding of the power of implicit bias enables us to develop practices to minimize the impact of our unconscious tendencies to categorize, generalize, stereotype and discriminate. We’ll also be examining how racial socialization shapes our behaviors and the greater systems at large.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- Doors Open: 5:30 p.m.
- Program Begins: 6:30 p.m.
- Mohart Multipurpose Center Auditorium, 3200 Wayne Ave, Kansas City, MO 64109
- Register for the event.
- If you have tickets and are no longer able to attend or won’t be using all of your tickets, please cancel/change your ticket order on Eventbrite or let us know. We even have a large waiting list. We understand that schedules change, but we ask that you let us know if you can no longer attend.
PARKING & ENTRY:
- Parking will be available in the parking lot directly south of the Mohart Multipurpose Center, accessible from 33rd Street.
- Enter from the south entrance, accessible from the parking lot, and check in at the registration tables.
- Please arrive early to check in. Seating is first come, first serve.